It is a medical examination to direct exploration of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum, or the detection of lesions and the achievement of biopsies.
The examination is carried out under general anesthesia. The specialist inserted through the mouth, a flexible tube (endoscope) carrying at the end of a video camera with high resolution.
- Colonoscopy (the exploration of the colon, rectum, …)
- Bronchoscopy (branches and lungs)
- The Esophageal dilations
- Ligatures of esophageal varices
- Treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastric polypectomy (colonic polypectomy)
- CRPE and installation of biliary stents using an endoscope side
- Intragastric balloon Pose